Brierfield Lodge was consecrated on 18th March 1958 at St. Luke’s Parish Hall, Brierfield by the Right Worshipful Brother Sir Edward Rhodes, Kt, JP, who was the Provincial Grand Master for East Lancashire from 1950 to 1960.
Our meetings were held at Nelson Masonic Hall from April 1958 until December 2013 when the building was sold and we moved to Padiham Masonic Hall.
Brierfield Lodge is descended from Marsden Lodge (founded 1919), Queen’s Jubilee Lodge (founded 1887) and Royal Lancashire Lodge (founded 1760). Marsden Lodge returned its warrant to Grand Lodge in 2005 and amalgamated with Pennine Valley Lodge to create the Marsden within Pennine Valley Lodge, with whom we continue to enjoy a close relationship following the relocation of both Lodges to Padiham Masonic Hall.
Brierfield Lodge celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2008, when our Lodge Banner was dedicated.
Return to home page